Fallon, Nv. 89406
June Sharkey, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Valley Oasis Counseling began in August of 2010.The theoretical foundation is Cognitive-Behavioral therapy with children, adolescents, adults, and couples.
Specialization in the treatment of trauma, depression, anxiety, and behavioral issues related to children and adolescents.
Therapy can help in gaining insight about individual experiences while learning ways to cope with those experiences.
For more information, contact (775) 423-5381
Veteran Crisis Line
The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring VA responders through a confidential, toll-free hotline, online chat, and text-messaging service.
The caring responders at the Veterans Crisis Line are specially trained and experienced in helping Veterans of all ages and circumstances. Some of the responders are Veterans themselves and understand what Veterans and their families and friends have been through and the challenges Veterans of all ages and service eras face.
Veterans and their families and friends can call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, chat online, or send a text message to 838255 to receive confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Confidential Veterans Chat/Text
- Confidential Military Chat/Text
- Confidential Homeless Veteran Chat
- Support For Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Resource Locator
Learn more about the Veterans Crisis Line and what VA is doing to help Veterans who face serious challenges or may be at risk of suicide.
Learn to Recognize the Signs
Many Veterans may not show any signs of intent to harm themselves before doing so, but some actions can be a sign that a Veteran needs help. Veterans in crisis may show behaviors that indicate a risk of harming themselves.
Veterans who are considering suicide often show signs of depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, and/or hopelessness, such as:
- Appearing sad or depressed most of the time
- Clinical depression: deep sadness, loss of interest, trouble sleeping and eating—that doesn’t go away or continues to get worse
- Feeling anxious, agitated, or unable to sleep
- Neglecting personal welfare, deteriorating physical appearance
- Withdrawing from friends, family, and society, or sleeping all the time
- Losing interest in hobbies, work, school, or other things one used to care about
- Frequent and dramatic mood changes
- Expressing feelings of excessive guilt or shame
- Feelings of failure or decreased performance
- Feeling that life is not worth living, having no sense of purpose in life
- Talk about feeling trapped—like there is no way out of a situation
- Having feelings of desperation, and saying that there’s no solution to their problems
Their behavior may be dramatically different from their normal behavior, or they may appear to be actively contemplating or preparing for a suicidal act through behaviors such as:
- Performing poorly at work or school
- Acting recklessly or engaging in risky activities—seemingly without thinking
- Showing violent behavior such as punching holes in walls, getting into fights or self-destructive violence; feeling rage or uncontrolled anger or seeking revenge
- Looking as though one has a “death wish,” tempting fate by taking risks that could lead to death, such as driving fast or running red lights
- Giving away prized possessions
- Putting affairs in order, tying up loose ends, and/or making out a will
- Seeking access to firearms, pills, or other means of harming oneself
If you are a Veteran or know a Veteran who is showing any of the above warning signs, please call the Veterans Crisis Line , chat online , or send a text message today.
Reno, Nevada 89512
West Hills Hospital Overview
- Located in Reno, NV
- For profit facility
- Psychiatric hospital ages 4 and up
- 96 bed facility
- Open 24/7
- Accept referrals from all
- Accept all insurances
- Free assessments provided
Child and Adolescent Inpatient Mental Health Services
- Acute Inpatient Care for Children
Provides patients with the most intense level of care available, including 24-hour skilled nursing observation; daily oversight by a psychiatrist; and coordinated treatment by a physician-led team of mental health professionals.
- Learn more
Adult Inpatient Psychiatric Mental Health Services
- Acute Inpatient Psychiatric Care for Adults
Inpatient hospitalization is always short-term and designed to quickly stabilize the most serious symptoms to allow a quick transition to less intensive levels of care.
- Learn more
Adult Inpatient Substance Abuse Treatment Services
- Substance Abuse Treatment Program: Your Road To Recovery
Our substance abuse treatment program consists of physician supervised medical detox, medication management, a comprehensive skills building and educational curriculum, process groups, and recreational therapy all of which allow our patients to benefit from the most effective and integrative approaches to substance abuse treatment.
- Learn more
Adult Outpatient Mental Health Services
- Intensive Outpatient Program
Our outpatient services are designed to provide a smooth transition from inpatient to home, or to help prevent the need for an inpatient admission.
- Learn more
Video Mental Health Assessment Program
- West Hills Hospital uses interactive, secure video web conferencing technology to assess patients who, due to distance, are not able to access quality behavioral health services. This technology allows the patient, provider and intake specialist to work together to achieve the best outcome for the patient.
Fallon, NV – 89406
Office Information: Office hours
993 W Williams
Fallon, NV – 89406
WIC is a special supplemental nutrition program that serves income eligible pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutrition risk.
The WIC program provides participants with:
We will help your family create healthy habits and reach your family’s nutrition goals with helpful tips and a range of health and nutrition services that help participants put healthy behaviors into action. Services are customized to each family’s needs and interests.
The WIC food package is based on the latest nutrition guidelines to promote optimal health and well-being for you and your family. The WIC foods are low in fat and high in fiber, provide nutritional variety and help to promote a healthy weight. Every food package is individually tailored to meet the participant’s specific nutritional needs.
WIC offers breast feeding support, education, and counseling. Breastfeeding is a wonderful way to support the growth of your child while nurturing a bond that will last a lifetime. Mother’s milk has everything a baby needs to grow and stay healthy.
We want you to have the community and healthcare assistance you need. We provide referrals for immunizations, health care and other programs.
Parents often worry about their child’s eating habits. Our qualified nutritionists and staff can give you professional nutrition and wellness advice.
Tracking your child’s growth will help you understand his or her health and development.
Zephyr Wellness offers services to those who cannot afford it and some in-home services are available.
Zephyr Wellness proudly integrates Yield Theory™ throughout its clinical interventions. For more on this powerful nonjudgmental approach to counseling, visit our friend Dr. Christian Conte at his website.
We are also pleased to host graduate-level practicum students completing their program hours in Marriage and Family Therapy. This allows us to serve clients with limited resources, including those without insurance.