Fallon, Nevada 89406
C.A.R.T. provides two types of service, which are listed below:
To plan your C.A.R.T. ride, just call our friendly dispatchers at 428-2988 Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. to set a ride.
Rides are on a first-come first-served basis with senior riders (60 & over) having preference. Rides can be booked anywhere from the day before to 14 days in advance. Buses operate from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Discounted general rider ticket books can be purchased from the driver with advanced notice or at the C.A.R.T. office at 310 E. Court Street in the Senior Center building. You may also order a book from the dispatcher when you schedule a ride.
Rides are $3.00 per ride for a general rider and a suggested donation of $2.00 for persons age 60 and over. Our drivers do not carry change.
Our buses are A.D.A. compliant. C.A.R.T. is open to all residents. Children under 8 years of age must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
Our goal is to provide transportation for local residents of Churchill County within the C.A.R.T. service area, on County maintained roads. C.A.R.T. reserves the right to make changes at any time.
Give us a try – you won’t be disappointed!
You can use C.A.R.T. for:
Access to Work
Senior Citizen Transportation
And much more
C.A.R.T. Service Areas
Northwest Coverage Area: Workman Road to the north Carr Lane/Bench Road to the west.
Northeast Coverage Area: Tarzyn Road to the north Perazzo Lane to the east.
Southwest Coverage Area: Norcutt Road to the south Sheckler Cut-Off to the east.
Southeast Coverage Area: Norcutt Road to the south Perazzo Lane to the east.
For safety reasons, the C.A.R.T. service is only available to residents on county-maintained roads.
Dispatchers are available: Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Call 428-2988 to schedule your ride. Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Fallon, Nevada 89406
New Frontier Treatment Center
- 24 hour emergency number (775) 427-4040
- Drug & Alcohol treatment (775) 423-1412
- 28 bed program
- Mental health issues
- Co-occurring disorders
- Issues uncomfortable seeking help for
- Treat Children, Youth, and Families
- Child welfare cases
- Residential gambling program
- Federals funds, state funds, grants, donations
- Primary health, mental health, and substance abuse health
- Medication Management
- 24/7 food pantry – emergency (775) 427-4040
- Infant and toddler supplies
- Thursday Adolescent Group – 12-17 years of age – Free of charge
- Emergency hot meals
- Family communication drug/violence program
- Partner with DCFS and the Police Department to adopt a family at Christmas
- Screenings for Alcohol Awareness Week (April) at CCHS and CCJH
- Limited money for transportation
- Grant for school clothing and shoes
- Bi-lingual services
- “Rooms for Ruth”
Fallon, Nevada 89406
Capital Cab Company
Churchill County Social Services’ goal is to facilitate the self-sufficiency of program recipients.
Our emergency, temporary assistance programs provide for the health and welfare of eligible county residents. Individuals and families have opportunities to develop, grow, and prosper as valued, respected residents of the community. Our community is welcoming and responsive and offers opportunities and respect for all residents through:
- Active faith community
- Affordable housing
- Diverse economy
- Drug-free and safe living
- Family oriented services
- Informal support networks
- Livable wage jobs
- Quality education
- Recreational opportunities
- Skilled workforce
Learn more about the programs and services provided by the county to assist Churchill County residents in need:
- General Assistance Rent and Utilities
- Indigent Services
- Homeless Housing Assistance
- Public Guardianship
- Discount Prescription Program
- Low-Income Apartment & Food Program Referrals
- Holiday Services
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
8:30 am – 5:00 pm
11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Fallon, Nevada 89406
Senior Reno Transportation Shuttle
The Senior Reno Transportation Shuttle is scheduled for one trip weekly (weather permitting) on alternating Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the month. Starting with the first Tuesday of each month.
Call 867-4498 Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. for more information on the Senior Reno Transportation Shuttle. This system is primarily set up to provide seniors with transportation to Reno for medical appointments. General public people can ride on this system on a time and room available basis. All rides must be picked up in our adopted service area in Fallon on County maintained paved roads.
Reservations can be made Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. only. Call early for availability. All reservations must be made by 1:00 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays for following day trips (no exceptions). Please make your reservations at the number above and have the following information ready: your name, your pick-up address, phone number, emergency contact person, your doctor’s name, address of your destination, appointment time, estimate of when you will be finished with your appointment.
The Senior Reno Transportation Shuttle will make every effort to contact the rider by 4:00 p.m. the day before the ride, but it is the responsibility of the rider to verify the ride, and the Fallon departure pick-up times by 4:00 p.m. the day before the ride. The Senior Reno Transportation Shuttle reserves the right to make policy changes at any time.
- Senior cost is a $10.00 suggested donation for round trip or one-way age 60 and over. Based on seats available.
- General public is a $20.00 charge for round trip or one-way age 0-59. Based on seats available.
- People under 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 21 years or older or written and verbal consent from parent or guardian.
- Payment must be made at boarding time by cash or check.
- Drivers carry no cash for change.
- The Tuesday bus starts at the Senior Center at 7:00 a.m. Thursday 7:00 a.m., but may change due to the number of riders and locations of pick ups.
- The Tuesday bus leaves Reno by 12:30 p.m.; Thursday leave by 12:30 p.m., but may change due to the number of riders and locations of pick ups.
- Riders may need to wait at their location until all riders are ready to return.
- One drop-off and one pick-up location per rider.
- Appointments with doctors for therapy and lab work must be made in the a.m. to be sure you are ready for the return trip on time. The bus cannot wait. No exceptions!
- The bus waits no longer than 5 minutes at your pick-up location; the driver will then put you down as a No Show and leave. Bus driver will not turn back if missed to keep other passengers on time.
- Airline, train, bus depot pick-ups must be ready by noon. Pick-ups are made at the handicap pick-up area outside the baggage pick-up area, door B (marked in blue at the curb). At the Reno Tahoe Airport the bus cannot wait due to flight delays. Baggage limit is 2 per person on space availability.
- Riders can be picked up at a different location in Reno, but it is the rider’s responsibility to be at the second location on time. The bus cannot wait.
- If inclement weather prohibits a safe trip, you will be notified by phone before 5:00 p.m. the night before or in some cases, the morning of the trip. Safety is #1 priority.
- Rides must be cancelled by 4 p.m. the day before the trip or ride is considered a No Show.
- No tickets are available for this service.
The Senior Reno Transportation Shuttle is available on alternative Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the month.
Call 867-4498 Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. for more information on the Senior Reno Transportation Shuttle and to book your ride.
Fallon, Nevada 89406
Drop off and Pick up in the Jacksons Store parking lot.
Reno to Las Vegas – Mainline Southbound
|Time||Arrive / Leave||Location|
|9:00 AM||Leaving||Reno, NV|
|9:10 AM||Leaving||Sparks, NV|
|9:45 AM||Leaving||Carson City, NV|
|11:00 AM||Leaving||Fallon, NV|
|12:15 AM||Arriving||Hawthorne, NV|
|12:45 AM||Leaving||Hawthorne, NV|
|2:20 PM||Arriving||Tonopah, NV|
|2:35 PM||Leaving||Tonopah, NV|
|3:55 PM||Arriving||Beatty, NV|
|4:10 PM||Leaving||Beatty, NV|
|5:20 PM||Leaving||Pahrump, NV|
|6:20 PM||Arriving||Las Vegas – Across from RTC|
|6:30 PM||Arriving||Las Vegas – Greyhound Station|
|6:45 PM||Arriving||North Las Vegas|
|Las Vegas||Pahrump||Beatty||Tonopah||Hawthorne||Fallon||Carson City|
|Sparks RTC / Reno||$81||$73||$62||$48||$34||$25||$12|