Fallon, Nevada 89406
The American Legion was chartered and incorporated by Congress in 1919 as a patriotic veterans organization devoted to mutual helpfulness. It is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization with great political influence perpetuated by its grass-roots involvement in the legislation process from local districts to Capitol Hill. Legionnaires’ sense of obligation to community, state and nation drives an honest advocacy for veterans in Washington.
Veteran Services Rendered:
- Free assistance on benefits
- Benefits Calculator
- Veteran employment center
- Employement and business guidance to ease transition
- Education assistance and assistance with GI Bill
- Health services and advocacy for veterans who earned and deserve timely, high-quality care
- Personal finance tips and advice from experts who understand Veterans
- Free, accredited assistance with VA claims and appeals
Churchill County Social Services’ goal is to facilitate the self-sufficiency of program recipients.
Our emergency, temporary assistance programs provide for the health and welfare of eligible county residents. Individuals and families have opportunities to develop, grow, and prosper as valued, respected residents of the community. Our community is welcoming and responsive and offers opportunities and respect for all residents through:
- Active faith community
- Affordable housing
- Diverse economy
- Drug-free and safe living
- Family oriented services
- Informal support networks
- Livable wage jobs
- Quality education
- Recreational opportunities
- Skilled workforce
Learn more about the programs and services provided by the county to assist Churchill County residents in need:
- General Assistance Rent and Utilities
- Indigent Services
- Homeless Housing Assistance
- Public Guardianship
- Discount Prescription Program
- Low-Income Apartment & Food Program Referrals
- Holiday Services
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
8:30 am – 5:00 pm
11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Opportunity Alliance Nevada partners with public, private, and nonprofit organizations to provide them tools and resources to strengthen the financial capability of their clients and to advocate for policies that increase the financial well being of Nevadans.
Some Services Provided:
-Access to financial literacy services and support
-Financial COACH certification and referrals
-Advocacy for fair public policy
-Provide Nevadans with safe, affordable financial products and services AND limit institutionalized, predatory lending practices.
–Create savings and assets tools and resources.
–Provide legal, regulated and accessible savings and investment tools.
–Create a continuum of support for Nevadans to learn, earn, save and invest.