Fallon, Nevada 89406
Salvation Army (Fallon Service Unit)
- (775) 423-9220 – 24 hours
- (775) 423-3590 – Personal Office Number
- Grant (out of Sacramento area) provides dollars per year based on sliding scale
- Emergency housing – Burns/DV – 2 nights (7 possible)
- Gas – medical appointments and job interviews – sliding scale up to $25
- Energy assistance – share – natural gas – difficult to qualify
- Energy – City of Fallon
- Meals for stranded
- Voucher system
- Funds collected in Fallon – stay in Fallon
- Propane $250 minimum delivery – need to pay ½ – Bi-State Propane
- Does bus tickets in Reno – needs receiving party
- Camp for underprivileged kids (mirrors youth club) – held in August, $25 for one week, need physical – Up to 10 children from this community – 50 children total from five communities (Fallon, Fernley, Silver Springs, Yerington, Hawthorne) – Ages 7-11
- 1X per year access – no more than 1X every six months (with review)
SNAP Outreach (Food Bank of Northern Nevada)
- Work with non-profit and faith based
- Distribution service program
- Direct service programs – commodities over age 60 and under 6 without WIC – 4th Wednesday at American Legion – qualify, resident, age/income based – 1X per month
- Partnership programs
- Food resources to many programs
- ID with current address, proof of income
- Food stamp outreach – they compile and turn into welfare
- Come to Social Services 1st Thursday of the month 10AM-1PM
- In Fernley – every Wednesday at Lyon County Human Services
Fallon, NV – 89406
Office Information: Office hours
993 W Williams
Fallon, NV – 89406
WIC is a special supplemental nutrition program that serves income eligible pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutrition risk.
The WIC program provides participants with:
We will help your family create healthy habits and reach your family’s nutrition goals with helpful tips and a range of health and nutrition services that help participants put healthy behaviors into action. Services are customized to each family’s needs and interests.
The WIC food package is based on the latest nutrition guidelines to promote optimal health and well-being for you and your family. The WIC foods are low in fat and high in fiber, provide nutritional variety and help to promote a healthy weight. Every food package is individually tailored to meet the participant’s specific nutritional needs.
WIC offers breast feeding support, education, and counseling. Breastfeeding is a wonderful way to support the growth of your child while nurturing a bond that will last a lifetime. Mother’s milk has everything a baby needs to grow and stay healthy.
We want you to have the community and healthcare assistance you need. We provide referrals for immunizations, health care and other programs.
Parents often worry about their child’s eating habits. Our qualified nutritionists and staff can give you professional nutrition and wellness advice.
Tracking your child’s growth will help you understand his or her health and development.